TRANSFORMING HUMAN LIFESCAPES, ENVIROSCAPES, SOUNDSCAPES AND PSYCHSCAPES AND THE URBAN-RURAL CITYSCAPES: IMPACT OF COVID-19 AND THE URGENCY OF ACHIEV
Chair:Anjana Mathur Jagmohan
According to the The UN's Framework for the Immediate Socio-Economic Response to the COVID 19 Crisis "The COVID-19 pandemic is far more than a health crisis: it is affecting societies and econ¬omies at their core. While the impact of the pandemic will vary from country to country, it will most likely increase poverty and inequalities at a global scale, making achievement of SDGs even more urgent” The impact of pandemic is such that even the most Developed economies of the world like the USA, UK and France have been through the lowest phases and where millions have lost jobs and are without any source of income due to the imposition of lockdown. The situation of the Developing economies like India is even worse- with scores of unreported deaths, failing health infrastructure, starvation, reverse migration and unemployment. The complete lockdown has brought about scores of unexpected changes in the lives of humanity- each impact is different from the other. Not only have the lifestyles changed, the psychology of a large population has been affected- both negatively and positively. The cities' environments are breathing again and so are the rivers with clean unpolluted waters. There is clearly lesser noise pollution in the absence of traffic and industrial sounds. The rural areas are slowly being repopulated by the returning migrants looking for local rural livelihoods. The pandemic has hugely changed the societal relationships and human psyches with depression and suicides occurring every day. It has reversed the importance of materialistic things. Whether this is a positive impact, only time will tell. But the pandemic has left an indelible negative impact on the lives of the families who have lost their loved ones especially due to the inadequate health infrastructure. The importance of Sustainable Development Goals has increased manifolds and so has the need to achieve the goals at an accelerated pace. the effort has to be joint and world wide and by every individual. There is an urgent need to document the changes COVID 19 has brought about in all the possible spheres of human life and considering these experiences, a blueprint for achieving the SDGs at a faster pace, can be prepared.
- URBAN PLANNING AFTER COVID-19
- THE CHANGING FACE OF MIGRATION POST COVID-19
- POST-COVID-19 GLOBAL PANDEMIC AND NEW WORLD ECONOMIC ORDER
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT RESPONSE TOWARDS COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- HUMAN MOBILITY IN TIMES OF PANDEMIC IS GOING LOCAL?
- POST COVID-19 GLOBAL PANDEMIC NEW WORLD ECONOMIC ORDER 2020
- THE TREND AND EFFECTS OF CORONA VARIOUS IN THE RURAL AREA ECONOMY OF IRAN(MAZANDARAN PROVINCE)
- WOMEN IN COVID-19
- BRIDGING IN A COVIDIAN WORLD (OF STILL) INCREASING INEQUALITIES / CONSTRUIRE DES PONTS DANS UN MONDE COVIDIEN AUX INEGALITES (TOUJOURS) CROISSANTES
- TRANSFORMING HUMAN LIFESCAPES, ENVIROSCAPES, SOUNDSCAPES AND PSYCHSCAPES AND THE URBAN-RURAL CITYSCAPES: IMPACT OF COVID-19 AND THE URGENCY OF ACHIEV
- COVID-19 INFECTING THE SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS